On behalf of the RIMS Canada Council, we would like to welcome you to our website.
The RIMS Canada Council is a sub-committee of the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. It addresses the interests of Canadian RIMS members and their chapters in support of RIMS mission – “To Advance Risk Management for Your Organization’s Success.”
The RIMS Canada Council is here to serve our Canadian RIMS chapters and members, and we invite you to reach out to us, as we are here to assist you.
Through this website and various other means of communications, we will continue to keep you well informed of issues occurring within the risk management and insurance industry. Please feel free to contact us with any questions, comments, or requests you may have to the RIMS Membership Department or by calling 212-286-9292.
– RIMS Canada Council
The RIMS Canada Council addresses the interests of Canadian RIMS members and their chapters in support of RIMS mission.
- Bring the Canadian Risk Management Community together
- Connect Canadian chapters to education, shared resources and best practices
- Advocate for Canadian members
- Support Canadian chapter sustainability
RCC 2023 Members
Vanessa MacLean : Maritime
Alana Dahlen : Northern Alberta
Gloria Gao : British Columbia
Dale Frankoski : Southern Alberta
Valerie Fox : Ontario
Naomi Griffin : Saskatchewan
Rhonda Tucker : Newfoundland & Labrador
Malcolm Watson : Canadian Capital
Miles Barber : Manitoba
Marie-Claude Le Ber : Quebec
Chair: Steve Pottle
Vice-Chair: Jacqueline Toering
Treasurer: Carrie Green
Secretary: Debbie Savoury
CEA/DEI Chair: Tara Lessard-Webb
NCC Chair: Valerie Barber
NCC Vice-Chair: Aaron Lukoni
RIMS Board Liaison : Kristen Peed
RIMS COO & RCC Staff Liaison : Annette Homan
Blanca Ferreris : RIMS Senior Business Events Manager
Katherine Gledhill : RIMS CFO
Robin Tallant : RIMS Director of Marketing
Stuart Ruff-Lyon : RIMS Chief Events and Sales Officer
National Conference Committee (NCC)
The National Conference Committee is a sub-committee of the RIMS Canada Council. Its job is to coordinate the RIMS Canada Conference on a national level.
Mandate of the National Conference Committee:
- Advise RIMS Canada Council on policy and guideline recommendations for conference planning.
- Act as both a resource and a liaison to local planning committees, the RIMS Canada Council and the national event planner.
- Ensure that local planning committees and the national event planner meet their obligations to the RIMS Canada Council.
- Be a proponent for change where necessary to ensure the conference meets the needs of its stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate sponsorship at conferences in conjunction with the local planning committee.
- Co-ordinate contacts with future conferences committees and the national event planner.
National Conference Committee Members 2023
Chair: Valerie Barber, Manitoba
RIMS Meetings and Events Management Department handles the Conference, Exhibition and Sponsorship registration and housing for the RIMS Canada Conference.
- Contact: Stuart Ruff-Lyon, Vice President, Events & Exhibitions at 212-655-6051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications And External Affairs Committee (CEA)
The Communications and External Affairs Committee focuses on:
- Internal communications, facilitating information sharing among Canadian RIMS members, Canadian RIMS chapters, RCC RIMS
- External communications with media and other associations
- Government relations, presenting the viewpoint of Canadian risk managers to federal and provincial governments and regulatory bodies
Communications & External Affairs Members 2023
Chair: Tara Lassard-Webb
Newsletter Editor: Pascale Samson