About The RCC
The RIMS Canada Council (RCC) is a standing committee of the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS). The RCC addresses the strategic initiatives of RIMS and risk management issues in Canada.
Each of the ten Canadian RIMS chapters elects a board member to be their representative to the RCC. The chairs of the RCC’s two subcommittees, the National Conference Committee (NCC) and the Communications and External Affairs Committee (CEA) also attend RCC meetings.
The RIMS Canada Council addresses the interests of Canadian RIMS members and their chapters in support of RIMS mission.
- Bring the Canadian Risk Management Community together
- Connect Canadian chapters to education, shared resources and best practices
- Advocate for Canadian members
- Support Canadian chapter sustainability
Top: Paul Pizio (RIMS VP Finance), Tanya Stegmeier (N-AB), Jennifer Clarke (BC), Ben McAllister (CEA Chair), Tim Lucko (MB), Nikole TenBrink (RIMS VP Membership & Marketing), Tina Gardiner (Vice Chair), Bill Baker (NCC Chair), Curtis Desiatnyk (S-AB), Séamus Gearin (RIMS Can. Consultant)
Mid: Emily Cummins (RIMS Board Liaison), Maureen Graham (Can. Capital), Ginette Demers (QC),
Bottom: Stephane Cossette (Treasurer), Ren Lips (Chair), Justin Crickard (NL)
Not Pictured: Donna Curran (SK), Andrea Cameron (Maritime), Michelle Drew (ON)
British Columbia – Jennifer Clarke
Northern Alberta – Tanya Stegmeier
Southern Alberta – Curtis Desiatnyk
Saskatchewan – Donna Curran
Manitoba – Tim Lucko
Ontario – Michelle Drew
Canadian Capital – Maureen Graham
Quebec – Ginette Demers
Newfoundland and Labrador – Justin Crickard
Maritime – Andrea Cameron
Chair – Ren Lips, Ontario
Vice Chair – Tina Gardiner, Ontario
Treasurer/Secretary – Stephane Cossette, Québec
CEA Chair – Ben McAllister, British Columbia
NCC Chair – Bill Baker, Alberta
National Conference Committee (NCC)
The National Conference Committee is a sub-committee of the RIMS Canada Council. Its job is to coordinate the RIMS Canada Conference on a national level.
Mandate of the National Conference Committee:
- Advise RIMS Canada Council on policy and guideline recommendations for conference planning.
- Act as both a resource and a liaison to local planning committees, the RIMS Canada Council and the national event planner.
- Ensure that local planning committees and the national event planner meet their obligations to the RIMS Canada Council.
- Be a proponent for change where necessary to ensure the conference meets the needs of its stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate sponsorship at conferences in conjunction with the local planning committee.
- Co-ordinate contacts with future conferences committees and the national event planner.
National Conference Committee Members 2018
Chair: Bill Baker, Northern Alberta
Secretary: Sue Mepham, Saskatchewan
Val Barber, Manitoba
Jacqueline Toering, British Columbia
Steve Matterson, Ontario
National Event Planner
RIMS Meetings and Events Management Department handles the Conference, Exhibitor and Sponsor registration and housing for the RIMS Canada Conference.
- Contact: Stuart Ruff, Director, Meetings and Events at 212-655-6051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications And External Affairs Committee (CEA)
The Communications and External Affairs Committee focuses on:
- Internal communications, facilitating information sharing among Canadian RIMS members, Canadian RIMS chapters, RCC RIMS
- External communications with media and other associations
- Government relations, presenting the viewpoint of Canadian risk managers to federal and provincial governments and regulatory bodies
Communications & External Affairs Members 2018
Chair: Ben McAllister, British Columbia
Newsletter Editor: Aaron Lukoni, British Columbia
Conference Giveaways: Angela Haywood, Southern Alberta
Industry/Regulatory Liaison: Tara Lessard-Webb, Ontario